Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Working with Symmetry in Photoshop

I've been playing around with some of my architectural images by making a symmetrical book match by increasing the canvas size and flipping the image. I've got some pretty cool images and they can be printed really large.

 Massachusetts General Hospital

 Massachusetts General Hospital

 Exeter Hospital

More about the process after the break.


I take the image into Photoshop and duplicate the layer.


Next I increase the canvas size by the amount of the width of the image in the direction I want to flip it. In this case to the left. Next I hit free transform (Ctrl+T on a PC) right click in the image and click on flip horizontal.



Now all I have to do is move the right side over to the left, flatten the image and save.


Not all images work with this and you can also work with vertical symmetry as well. Great fun experimenting though!






No comments:

Post a Comment