Saturday, October 17, 2015

Woodies

I have been creating "Woodies" for many years now, first as actual book matched pieces of wood and lately as digital files manipulated in Photoshop. I use exotic wood species and trees book matched for symmetry and then digitally manipulated to suggest creatures. The Rorschach inkblot test uses pareidolia in an attempt to gain insight into a person's mental state. Since the cards have been designed without any specific image in mind, this is an example of "directed pareidolia." My images are similar to the Rorschach test but are a little more refined. I find it fascinating to see all the different things people visualize in my Woodies.


Woody 147

Woody 45



I have been experimenting using prints of woodies and decoupaging them onto a wood or mdf panel and then clear coating. This enables me to use my woodies in furniture pieces as panels or doors which I am excited about all the possibilities for creating one of a kind furniture pieces. For notification of new pieces join my email list or LIKE my facebook page.


Woody 82
























No comments:

Post a Comment