Here is where I am this afternoon right before I post this. I'm thinking
I'll do a little airbrushing to kick up the flames a little more at this point.
The steps I took to get here follow.
I decided this morning I still didn't like the background so I used a stencil to
Brush in some textures. So far I like it better but think I need to add more color depth later.
I also decided I didn't like where the ring was going so I painted over it.
Next I kicked up the highlights on the Phoenix using white with a little yellow mixed in.
I went over that with some red and worked on some detail in the head.
I went back over the red with more yellow. To me the Phoenix was getting a little dark and
I decided to go more in the yellow to orange range. I think I'll use the airbrush to kick up
the flames and make them a little more realistic.