Monday, May 16, 2016

The Phoenix Rises 8



This is where I finished at today.

Step by step to get here follows.




I darkened in the legs, perch and the bottom of the Phoenix body.

Next I decided the wings were to high and I wanted the head to stick up more, so 
I moved the wings down lower using white and black paint. 

Continuing that process I also lightened up some of the head, chest and legs.

I painted over most of the white with light yellow and added detail to the legs and feet.

I worked more on the highlights of everything here. 
 
I did a wash of purple on the background and hit the highlights on the perch again.

Here I painted light yellow over the white highlights again.

Finally I added the shadows back into the perch and more detail into the legs and feet.


 









No comments:

Post a Comment