Wednesday, November 23, 2016

New Series of Woody

I have been thinking of ways to do new things with my Woody Series and I think I have it figured out. I have been making Woodies for many years now and am ready to change them up a little. At least for now. I found a bunch of great potential woodies last week and I am going to go on a shoot this weekend to capture as many as I can. Then I am going to use friends as models and photograph their eyes, faces and facial parts then using gradient maps on the wood turn their faces into woodies. I think I will ask them what kind of tree they would be if they were Bob Ross and could be anything they want in their world.

Would you be a lone tree on the side of a mountain clinging to the rocks? A herder type in a forest of similar trees? The one different tree in a forest of other trees? Would you be in a city park, by the ocean, in the mountains? Would you want to be a specific type of tree. I'm thinking of recording them as they make their decisions and then give them a signed copy of the digital art version of the woody which will but up on my website for sale.

Next I will make an original painting using the digital art as inspiration. I think this sounds like a fun series and I already have someone in mind for the first one this weekend. What do you guys think? Do you have any ideas I can use to make it even better?

I did a new Woody today using a photo of my eyes while I was playing around trying to do my Holiday social media push, this one is Woody 215.

Woody 215

The new series will have names and back stories relating to different tree spirits and where they live. I think the names and stories will personalize this series more.

As always my work can be ordered as Fine Art Prints on my website and sign up for my email list while you're there. There should be a great discounted piece this weekend and the newsletter will get the first shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment