Sunday, March 5, 2017

Pot Doctor

I finished another Jarhead yesterday while waiting for my new Intuos tablet to be delivered. 

Pot Doctor   
"New laws and regulations have created pot doctors."

 I've been wanting to illustrate the idiom "The Pot calling the Kettle black" and I found a great public domain source on Getty Images and I purchased the teapot in the above image just for this idea. I also found a cast iron kettle at the Thrift Store as well.  Here is my source image with the heads removed.





I will need to colorize the image, add the pot and kettle and then do my digital painting. This will be my first painting with my new tablet. I'm looking forward to this one, I think it will be cool.

Check out more of my work on my website where you can order Fine Art Prints of all my work.



No comments:

Post a Comment