I decided to change the direction on my painting today.
Here is the painting as it sits on my easel right now.
To see how I got to this point step by step, read on after the break.
This is where I left off after my last post. I was at that point where I didn't like the painting at all but wasn't sure which direction to go to make it better.
I decided to go in more of a heavy impressionistic style and I'm using the existing painting as an under painting. Here I am laying color on the background hills and the foreground weeds and flowers.
Here I put some color on the horse.
More work on the horse and rider. This technique loses a lot of detail but really punches up the color a lot. I like it much more already.