Saturday, March 31, 2018

New Work in Progress: Turtle Island Painting 6

Progress is going slow now. I'm doing a lot more staring at the painting and then doing a little work to fix what I don't like. Here is where I am right now.

To see the step by step photos of my progress and some of the thinking behind it, 
read on after the break.




Here I refined the water line and water color as well as working on the beach and hills in the distance.

Next I added more detail to the turtle using watercolor and colored pencils.

Then I used watercolor brush strokes to define the shape of the dunes and added even more detail to the turtle. I also roughed in the birds around the tree. I'm finally starting to get happy 
about this one but I think I will continue to plug along and see where it goes.













No comments:

Post a Comment