Wednesday, July 25, 2018

New Painting Hawk Wings: Work in Progress 7

Chipping away at it slowly now. I decided last night I didn't like the bottom of the sky in the picture. So I decided to go with dark storm clouds there. That gives me a chance for a warm/cool contrast in the painting. Here is the painting as it is now.

To see the step by step photos read on after the break.



Here is where I decided to paint the bottom of sky darker. 
That gives me room to play the branches off the dark color and bring them forward.

I refined the shadows on the front wing and tail and added some feather detail as well.
Then I warmed up the hawk with a red glaze.

Darkened in the shadows on the front and back wings.

I refined the shape of the head with highlights and 
added some orange and yellow color corrections all over.


No comments:

Post a Comment