Thursday, August 2, 2018

New Painting Hawk Wings: Work in Progress 9

Slow progress now. I just do a little each day and some days I just 
look at it trying to decide what I'm going to do next.

Here it is as it sits right now.

To see the step by step photos read on after the break.
You can see more of my work here: Mosherland




Here I lightened the sky at the top of the painting.

Here I started refining the shape of the hawk again. My proportions were getting off.


I painted over the legs with a mix of Yellow Ochre and White as a midtone 
and then went back in with Burnt Umber and White to define the feathers.

I added some detail to the feathers on the head and painted in some lighter pine needles.

I added more detail to the feathers in the wings and on the body.
There is still a LOT to do on this one but I'm not going to get in a hurry.






No comments:

Post a Comment