Saturday, August 11, 2018

New Painting Hawk Wings: Work in Progress 11


Slow progress still which is fine at this stage of the painting. Some days I can see what the painting still needs and other days I can't. Here is where I am right now.


To see the step by step photos read on after the break.




Thin glaze of blue in the sky here.

Here I darkened the lower part of the sky and lightened the sky above the clouds.

Another blue glaze over the entire sky including the clouds, then I picked up the detail in the bird where it meets the sky and worked some more on the foreground pine needles.

I lightened up the lower part of the sky and did some negative painting around the pine needles and the lower part of the hawk. I also glazed dark colors in the shadows of the hawk.















No comments:

Post a Comment