Saturday, May 30, 2015

Exciting New ways to use your Woodies

 I have been pumping out new and exciting Woodies and have over 100 different original works available on my website. I have been experimenting using prints of my Woodies from FAA as veneer by gluing them to an MDF substrate like decoupage using matte medium and then applying a clear finish and it works fabulous.

 I have many different styles of Woodie, some very rustic and some classic veneer like burls or spalted wood. By gluing the printed image to a substrate they can be used as the beauty panel in cabinet or furniture doors.

 I think the rustic ones really have a ton of potential. I have worked on many custom homes at Lake Tahoe where this style is very popular. I mocked up some images in Photoshop to show how they might look.

 I am making some of these as limited edition prints signed and numbered with a clear finish to hang as wall art but I think these would work really well as feature panels in wood working projects.






 I have officially retired now so I will be devoting the majority of my time to creating new artwork. If you would like to see it as it is created just sign up for my email list. I will be starting a newsletter soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment