Monday, February 13, 2017

Rider of the Purple Sage -Work in Progress 8

The slow drying of the oil is slowing me down a little which I have to think is probably a good thing. Here is the painting as it sits right now.




I think I will just keep plugging along until I get tired of painting and then call it done.
To see the step by step versions read on after the break and remember 
to check  out more of my work on my website.



Here I applied a wash of oil color over the foreground so I could work wet in wet.

Next I applied a wash over the horse for the same reason.

Here I painted in some highlights on the horse and some shadows in the foreground.

I added some of the background hill color to the area next to the trees in the foreground.
 I think that helps tie it all together better.

I added some strokes to the foreground grass wet in wet and also did more detail work on the horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment