Saturday, March 18, 2017

Spring has Sprung, time to get the camera out

Finally we are having some beautiful Spring weather here in Nevada and I have been taking the camera out and shooting again. This means some fresh photos to sell and more images to create art out of. I went to the May Arboretum yesterday to see if any wildflowers were blooming and got a some nice images, here are a few.

Pussy Willow Catkins 1
Pussy Willow Catkins 3
Pussy Willow Catkins 2
These are Pussy Willow Catkins. There were only a couple blooming and I need some images to compete in the Nature division of the Reno Photo Club so I captured these. One nice thing about competing is I have to look up the plant so I can title it properly. I had never heard of a "Catkin" before so I learned something new. You CAN teach an old dog a new trick!

 

I also spent a little time at Rock Park again and was able to sit with the Ducks and Geese right by the River and got some nice captures of them as well.

Duck Duck Goose
I call this one Duck Duck Goose.

The wildflowers aren't blooming quite yet but there are a lot of buds so I will be keeping an eye out at The Arboretum.

I'll Keep an Eye Out

No comments:

Post a Comment