Saturday, May 27, 2017

Photographing Nevada field while walking with Bella

I'm really enjoying watching the seasonal changes in the field next to where I live as I take Bella on her daily walks. It seems I can spot each new wildflower as it starts to bloom and I can see the changes as the plants dry up in the heat as we near Summer.

This is a continuation of my previous post "Photographing Spring in the High desert with Bella" In that post I shared some of my macro photographs as well deciding to start a new series of Rock Trolls, I have been pursuing both of those projects and thought I would share some of my favorites.




Bella enjoys a nice cigar after one of our walks.
If you are interested in my work be sure to check out my website 
I am also one of the selected artists for the Reno Art Fest on the River, Aug. 19-20 2017
If you're around town stop by and check out my work.
ROCK TROLLS


Raging Troll

Troll 9

Troll 8

Troll 7








Following are some of my favorite macro photographs of the plant life in my field. I am really enjoying finding new plants and then looking up their names. Now if I could just remember them. :)








Apricot Mallow (Sphaeralcea ambigua)









Filaree Storksbill (Erodium cicutarium)


Red Valerian (Centranthus ruber)
Spotted Knapweed  (Centaurea maculosa)
Wild Lupine (Lupinus Perennis)

Dianthus gratianopolitanus Firewitch

Bristly Fiddleneck 2 starting to dry out







No comments:

Post a Comment