Monday, May 15, 2017

Work in Progress Inspired by Woody 107 #3

Another day of painting and here we are right now.
I think in this series of paintings, unlike the Woodies, I will have to come up 
with names of the portraits along with a back story. 


I think I want more color in the finished piece but it is at least interesting to me at this point. 
To see more of my work and order Fine Art Prints, check out my website.

To see step by step photos of how I managed to get to this point read on after the break.



From yesterday I added a lot of blue into the shadows and more intensity in the eye.

I added some purple and black over the background and a highlight around
 the shadow side of the face like rim lighting 

More detail in the eye and over painted with orange in the middle tones.  

I added some highlights to the eye that I didn't like.

Changed the highlight and darkened the bottom of the canvas. 
Time to have another stare down with the picture and decide what to do next.







No comments:

Post a Comment