Wednesday, June 28, 2017

New Painting WIP "Saytr" 3

I broke out the oil paints today and worked glazes all over the painting. I'm liking where it's at right now and will probably do a little nit picking detail work tomorrow and it will be done. 
Here it is right now.


To see the step by step process to get here read on after the break.



Here I did a lot of detail glaze work on the skull using white, yellow and burnt umber.

Next I glazed over the background with green, blue and purple. Then I did the lower parts of the head with some burnt umber and white.

I finished up with detail work to the eye and head. I'm going to be looking at it for a while now before doing the final touches. I was thinking of adding some bulges to the spine on the back of the neck. We'll see how that works out.











No comments:

Post a Comment