Wednesday, June 28, 2017

New Painting WIP "Saytr"

Here is the painting as it sits on my easel this morning.


I think I will switch over to water based Artisan paints from this point on so I can
 do glazing and some wood graining on the head easier.

To see the step by step process to get to this point read on after the break.
If you have some time you can check out more of my work on my website.








 From yesterday I applied a much heavier coat of white on the skull and over painted the background with Liquitex Ultramarine Blue and Dioxazine Purple.


I added some yellow and orange to the horns and skull to play off the purple in the background. 
I also added some detail to the eye.


I added some yellow and blue to the background on the right side to push the shadow side forward. 
I also started adding some wood grain to the head.


I darkened the shadow side of the neck more. I think later today I will paint with my 
Winsor and Newton Artisan oils to get my final details and colors.






No comments:

Post a Comment