Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Vulture: New painting work in progress 12

I had a dream last night about my painting, this happens quite a lot when I am in a creative space, so I decided to give my Vulture some feather dreadlocks with a nod to the Predator series. 
 
I also did a couple other things. To see what they are read on after the break.


I wasn't happy with the feathers on his neck so I started adding some dark shadows.

Here I carried some of the green from the neck onto his head 
as well as darkening the shadow under his neck.

Here I came back with some of the color from his jacket but still just couldn't seem to get it right.

So after my dream last nigh I decided to give him dreadlocks.
 I also fixed the perspective of the table top and added some wood grain.

Here I corrected the back edge of the table. I need to add some detail in the dreadlocks now and continue with the people in the bowl.





No comments:

Post a Comment