Monday, September 11, 2017

Vulture: New painting work in progress 11

It's been a productive day today and I'm beginning to see just how long this project
 could take before it's finished.

I got quite a bit accomplished today, to see the step by step progress photos read on after the break.
 
 
 I started this morning by working on the detail of his hands.

More detail on the hands, going back and forth between shadow and highlight.

Still more work on the hands.

Getting the hands dialed in a little better now.

Refining the shape of the fingers with shadows.

Refined the shape of the knife, put cracks between the boards on the table (got them wrong, I'll have to fix them later) and darkened the shadows on the table.

Did some detail work on the bread and added a little more detail in the bowl.
 
 More work inside the bowl, adding detail to signs, flags and people.

Decided to make some major changes to the colors on his head. I want the neck feathers to have more color and the top of the head less. I will over paint the neck feathers to tone them down some and also add some of that color to his jacket.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment