Friday, September 8, 2017

Vulture: New painting work in progress 9

I'm thinking this will be taking a really long time! I added more color and started checking my composition and proportions today.

Each layer of detail adds more interest for me and I see more things to add.
To see the step by step process read on after the break.


This morning I started adding some color to the skin on his hands.

Next some basic color to the head and eye.

Here I added some detail and color to the flags in the bowl.

Over painting the jacket with shades of green and refining the shapes and folds of the cloth.

Deepening the shadows on the jacket.

Continued refining the sleeve of the jacket and some of the shadows and highlights.

In this one I added a person peeking around the bread like he had escaped from the bowl.
Tomorrow I'll start adding a lot more detail and texture to the head.









No comments:

Post a Comment