Wednesday, October 25, 2017

New Oil Painting Work in Progress: Owl 2

Now that I got started on this painting, it's coming along nicely. I guess the hard part is always putting that first brush full of paint to the canvas and then it just takes off in its own direction.
Here is the painting as I am looking at it right now.

There have been some major composition changes already, 
to see the step by step photos read on after the break.

This morning I started painting in the background using an impressionistic style.
I'm still trying to keep with the complementary Purple/Yellow color space.

I liked the robe style clothes of the original idea but it was a little too amorphous to me, 
so I decided to go with the outfit of Obi Wan in Star Wars. 
I'll probably make a few more adjustments but for now I like it better.
 
I want to keep the impressionistic style on this one similar to Wolfie and will probably kick up the color intensity as I proceed. I think he may need a necklace or pendant of some kind but 'm not too sure at this point.







No comments:

Post a Comment