Thursday, October 26, 2017

New Oil Painting Work in Progress: Owl 3

I made a lot of progress today. I switched to Stand Oil and turpentine for my medium today


To see the step by step photos of my progress read on after the break.




Here I added a little more to the clothing.

Then a little more to the highlighted red in the background.

Adding some shadows to the eyes for dimension.

I changed the shape of the shoulder on the right side and added to the chin.

Here I'm working on the shadow contrast in the clothing. 

Another layer of color to get more impressionistic in the background.

Refining and enlarging the shape of the head.

Working on the color on the clothing.

More color and brush texture to the clothing.
That's another layer of paint on the entire painting. 
 I'll let it dry tonight and then start adding more impressionistic brush strokes tomorrow.








No comments:

Post a Comment