Monday, December 18, 2017

Grandfather Buzzard -Work in Progress 4


Continuing the battle of creation. Here is where I am with the painting right now.

To see the step by step battle read on after the break. 




Here I added a wash of blue over everything and refined the background clouds a little.

 Still roughing in some background interest, not sure where that's going yet...

I added a bird and some more background. Probably not going to stay that way though.

Changed the bird and darkened the background and the shadow under his head.

Changed the background a little more, changed the back of his cape to be all purple and refined the shape and proportion of his head a little more.

Worked on his hands, head and left side of his cape. I think I'm going to switch over to oils at this point. It just seems like this one needs better glazing than I can do with acrylic.













No comments:

Post a Comment