Friday, December 22, 2017

Grandfather Buzzard -Work in Progress 5

I have started o the glazing process. First a clear 50/50 turpentine and stand oil glaze to bring out the color and then adding some color and detail to the painting. 
Here it is as it sits on my easel this morning.
 
To see the steps that preceded this one read on after the break.




Last night I did a clear stand oil and turpentine wash on the entire painting and then added some color washes to the sky and to his robes. 
I also added some tassels to his robe and removed the white blob in his armpit.


Here I added Purple and Blue glazes to his clothing to intensify the color depth.

This morning I added more detail to the fur on his robe and added color to his face. I also put some random stars in the sky. I will continue working on the detail and color in his face next.
















No comments:

Post a Comment