Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Jaguar New Painting Work in Progress 2


This one is moving right along. I really enjoy painting in this style. I think I'll go and get some larger sheets of Yupo today. Here is the painting as it sits on my easel this morning.


To see the step by step photos read on after the break.





I added some more spots with a wash of black India ink.

Here I added a light wash of red in the shadow areas and more intense blue in the background.

Here a wash with blue and red in the upper left background and the foreground.

A wash of yellow and red ink on his forehead and upper background. I also dropped 
some orange on his back and started working on the shadow on his nose.

I used a black Stabilo Aquarelle pencil to add some detail to his eyes and ears. 
Also started working on the spots on his forehead.

I worked over his eyes more and added some highlights.


Really concentrating on his spots and stripes now and lightened the shadow on his nose.
Today I'll try and finish the spots on his head and body, maybe lighten the blue background a tad and finish everything up.




No comments:

Post a Comment