Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Jaguar New Painting Work in Progress 1

I started a new painting last night. This one is of a Jaguar I photographed at the Animal Ark in Reno. It is 11"x14" on Yupo paper using watercolor, acrylic ink and colored pencils.
I'm really having fun on this one so expect more using the Yupo paper. 
I plan on getting some alcohol ink next month and playing with that as well. 

Here is the painting as it sits right now.


 To see the step by step photos of the process read on after the break.
If you have a little extra time make sure to check out my website 
where you can order Fine Art prints of all my work.






I did the drawing last night and did a couple watercolor washes. I really wanted more vibrant color so I decided to experiment with Dr PH Martins Bombay acrylic ink.

Still using the watercolor here.

After the stores opened I bought my inks and I really love the way it moves on the Yupo paper.
I dropped some black ink in water to rough in his stripes and spots as well.

Here it is right now, I started adding detail using watercolor and prismacolor pencils.
I'll be playing around with this one all night, now I need to get a blow dryer so I don't have to wait so long for it to dry.  :)








No comments:

Post a Comment