Friday, February 16, 2018

New Watercolor Work in Progress "Blue Crab" 3

I'm still plugging along, this one is fighting me more. I fluctuate between hating it and liking it. I haven't hit loving it yet so I keep plugging along. Here it is as it sits.

To see my progress step by step read on after the break.



After the last post I darkened in more shadow areas 
and tried to refine shapes with some negative painting.

Still refining more shadow areas and adding some color depth everywhere.

More shadows and some deeper blue. Also trying to make a little more sense on the left side.

Still blocking in shadow areas with layers of color and working on the blue of the crab.

Here is where I am right now. I darkened the shadows on the left side more and added some color in the shadows to suggest more crabs. I also kicked up the orange in the main areas to enhance the blue/orange complementary composition. Time to stare it down now.














No comments:

Post a Comment