Monday, July 23, 2018

New Painting Hawk Wings: Work in Progress 5

I'm still making some progress even though it seems slow at this point. 
 
Here is my painting as of this morning.
To see the step by step photos read on after the break.

 and order a Fine Art Print on metal while you're there. The metal prints are spectacular.


First thing yesterday afternoon I over painted the front wing with white and then
added the markings with Burnt Umber.

Here I over painted the tail with white and then started refining the 
pine branches on the tree. I also roughed in the prey he is eating.

Then I over painted the body and head with white and refined his markings there also.

Then I refined the shape of his head and beak and added more detail to the pine tree.

I can see this taking several more days of refining detail 
before I'm even close to being happy with this one.







No comments:

Post a Comment