Sunday, February 17, 2019

New Paintings "Hot Fun in the Summertime" and "Afro" Works in Progress 4

I did some more painting today. It's a good day to paint it's cold and snowing outside.
Here are both paintings as they look now.




To see the step by step photos read on after the break. 
Check out my website to see more of my work and order Fine Art Prints.



I added a Yellow Oxide glaze on the Lattice Work to age it
 and kill some of the brightness of the white.

Then I switched over to oil paint and started working on detail of the hands and skin tones.

Here I continued working on the skin tones of the farthest boy.

I worked on the background next to the front of the face to fix where I made the Afro smaller.
I added some yellow over the white there to create an area of high contrast and draw the eye.

I switched over to oil paint to get a better blend of color in the face and hair. 
I darkened the hair and blended the shadows into the face.











No comments:

Post a Comment