Saturday, February 16, 2019

New Paintings "Hot Fun in the Summertime" and "Afro" Works in Progress

Well since this painting is going along so well I decided to do another new one for the Let It Shine show at UNR. I will continue working on both until I'm happy with them. 

Here are the two paintings as they sit right now.

Hot Fun in the Summertime

Afro


Read on after the break for step by step progress.



I started working on the skin tones in their faces here.

More work on the skin tone and shadows as well as adding some detail on the background bricks.

I spent a lot of time working on the lattice work, I considered leaving it out 
but for me it really adds to the reality of the location and scene.

I added shadows to the lattice work and also did a little detail on the background shadows. 
I also fixed the floor boards of the porch in front.











































I decided to do this one with a lot of runs in the background and a bright 1970's color palette.

The proportions of the head are giving me some problems but I think I'm getting them under control. A little more staring and repainting areas should do it. :) 

Hopefully I'll have both of these works done in time for the show at
 Let It Shine Gallery at UNR the end of this month.




























No comments:

Post a Comment