Friday, February 15, 2019

New Painting "Hot Fun in the Summertime" 2

I continued on my painting last night and this morning. 
Here is what the painting looks like right now.


To see the step by step photos read on after the break.




 From my last post yesterday, I added more white in the shirt and porch as well
 as adding more green to the porch posts.

Then I blocked in the bricks and the white lattice, just trying to get tonal values everywhere.


 More brick detail and shadows on the lattice work.

Darkening color and tones and adding highlights on the two boys and started adding the black holes in the Lattice.

More the holes in the lattice and glazed some acrylic ink to pop the color a little more. I like the effect and will probably use more as I near completion.

Adding highlights and shadows to the bricks in the background, painted some flowers in the hanging basket and refined the lattice work a little more.

Here I started working on the details in the hands and the right hand boys cigarette. 

I'll keep plugging on today, I am actually enjoying this painting quite a bit.











 

No comments:

Post a Comment