Thursday, May 26, 2016

Coyote Acrylic Painting Step by Step 2

I have done a lot of work on this painting today. I just can't seem to leave it alone. That happens sometimes when I like a painting and get excited about how it's turning out. It is close enough to finished that I will let it sit for a couple days and decide if I want to do anything else to it.

 This is what I have right now 




To see the steps I took to get to this point read on.


I wasn't happy with the background color on my last step yesterday so today I started by glazing other colors over the background to cool it down and send it farther back. Next I decided on orange/yellow eyes and I also painted the detail of the shape of the eyes as well.

Step 10
Step 11


























Step 12




Here I continued to glaze the background and even out the ears some. Also glazed some orange on the face.














Step 13





Then I glazed more blue into the shadow areas  as well as some yellow in the highlights.












In step 14 and 15 I continued glazing blue and green into the background as well as adding color intensity into the Coyote. I also worked a little on the ears.
Step 14
Step 15



















Step 16

In step 16 I used a small brush and added some orange around the ears and took out the shoulder on the left side to match the right side.  In the final step today I did some work on the mouth and ears as well as the eyes. I won't do anything for a couple days now but take notes on what I do and don't like as well as ask other people what they think. It also helps sometimes to look at a painting upside down to spot composition problems so I will probably do that as well.

Check out my work on my website and subscribe to my email list.  :)












No comments:

Post a Comment