Saturday, December 17, 2016

Joie de Vivre Work in Progress 4

It's a beautiful sunny day today and I am really enjoying painting. This is one of the days I'm glad for painting, no inner conflicts today! Don't worry they'll be back tomorrow. This is the painting as it sits on my easel right now. It is 20" x 30" on watercolor board and I am using acrylic paint on this one.

I want him to be dancing in a field of wildflowers and I have started roughing those in today.

To see how I got to this point continue reading after the break.
Today I started filling in more of the background area with a wide brush and multiple colors.

Adding more to the background and some detail over the first coat. I am working with yellow, blue, green and red. Trying to use the blue green in the back and then the yellow to move to the front to create some depth.


Still not close to being happy with the face so I painted over it  with a wash and also used a purple wash over the brown foreground weeds at the bottom.
 
More washes of color in the foreground weeds and another run at the face.


I'm getting a little happier with the face and started roughing in the wildflowers. I think he will have a small bouquet of wildflowers in his hand eventually.



Here is where it sits right now. I'll probably get a little more done tonight but I am in a thinking and looking stage right now.

I have a lot more work available as Fine art Prints on my website. Feel free to check them out when you have the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment