Thursday, December 29, 2016

Joie de Vivre Work in Progress 7

I've been doing a lot more looking and thinking and a lot less painting lately. I finally figured out that his nose was too long making him look like some kind of evil elf.  To fix it I painted out the eyes and moved them down lower. Here is how it looks on my easel right now.





To read the step by step process of how I got to this point continue on after the break.




This is where I painted out the eyes and then roughed them back in where they should be.
It's already making him look more like a child.




A little more detail in the face and hair. I pulled the hair down over the face 
more to make him looking down a little more.




More detail in the face and hair plus I started doing more painting on the background with a dark forest green. I painted the areas next to where sunlight is hitting him to push those areas back farther and push the highlights forward.




Here is where it is now. I have continued detail in the face and hair as well as adding detail to the foreground weeds and wildflowers. 

To see more of my work check it out on my website.
 Fine Art prints are available with a money back guarantee.




No comments:

Post a Comment