I decided I didn't like the cat after some input from my wife. I changed her so she would be looking at the wall like everyone else. I did a quick mock up in Photoshop and decided I was going with it.
|This is the new mock up|
Now that I have my composition I drew it onto a half sheet of smooth 140# watercolor paper.
|Sketch on watercolor paper|
I did some value studies in Photoshop over the sketch and am still thinking about the colors I will be using. I like the red stripes on the shirt, so I'll stick with that.
The paper has been wet down and taped to my board and I have a first wash on the foreground blanket. I'm going to work a little different on this one and paint in each area separately.
I'll post pictures as I trudge along.
If you would like to see more of my work, check out my website.