Friday, January 20, 2017

Time Out Work in Progress 1


I decided I didn't like the cat after some input from my wife. I changed her so she would be looking at the wall like everyone else. I did a quick mock up in Photoshop and decided I was going with it.

This is the new mock up




Now that I have my composition I drew it onto a half sheet of smooth 140# watercolor paper.

Sketch on watercolor paper



I did some value studies in Photoshop over the sketch and am still thinking about the colors I will be using. I like the red stripes on the shirt, so I'll stick with that. 

The paper has been wet down and taped to my board and I have a first wash on the foreground blanket. I'm going to work a little different on this one and paint in each area separately. 

I'll post pictures as I trudge along. 
If you would like to see more of my work, check out my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment