Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Vulture: New painting work in progress 2

I added some more to my ideas yesterday. I think this painting will be done in the grisaille technique. I am going to do the grisaille in acrylic and then oil for the color. I have a 48"x30" canvas that I am going to paint this on. I also did a quick digital painting of the composite as well as a grey scale image to begin checking values. Here is the digital painting as it sits now.

In the actual painting the people in the bowl will need to be refined some more. 
To see the steps to get to this point read on after the break and visit my website to see more of my work and to order Fine Art prints.


From yesterday I added some different political banners, Trump, Hillary and Nazi flag
to show we are all in the same boat or "bowl." I might also add a confederate flag to the mix.

Here I decided to add a jeweled money pin on the buzzards lapel.

I wanted to portray money as an all pervading source of evil and thought I would use symbolism from the dollar. Really not sure about that yet. 
The Eye of Providence, the all-seeing eye over the unfinished pyramid is supposed to portray the United States as a land continuously growing and far from finished, although some believe it indicates a connection to the Illuminati secret society and Annuit Coeptis means "God has favored our undertaking" (appropriate wording for my painting)
 I think my buzzard may be a member of the Illuminati himself.

 
This is a grey scale tone study and I resized the image to fit my 48x30 canvas.

This is the digital painting as it sits right now.
 I enlarged the bowl to be able to add some more detail inside. 
Getting close to sketching it onto my canvas.
I will post the process step by step as I paint.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment