Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Vulture: New painting work in progress 15

I'm really putting the paint on thick now, punching up the color and taking the detail down a notch.

Today's progress.

To see the step by step photos read on after the break.


Here I changed the shape and location of the eye and ear hole. Then a glaze of orange on the head.

Heavy coat of greens on the jacket.

Some highlights on the head and start refining his dreadlocks.

Refining the dreadlocks more and adding color to the chair.

Refining the highlights on the jacket, chair and dreadlocks.

Detail work on the eye and more work on the dreadlocks.

detail the shadows on the head a color glaze on the plaque and some more color on his dreadlocks.

Lightened his nose, added some color and detail tot he plaque and started repainting faces in the bowl. The faces will take a while so that's what I'll be working on next. Then I'll probably get his hands in the same color range as his head.



2 comments:

  1. Make the crack in the wall less intense. The line is good but it takes too much attention off other things. Where do you want your attention to go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Mike, as you know the painting is still a work in progress and there are quite a few things I find that I don't like. However since I'm working in oils it's pretty easy to change things. I just completely redid his eye for example. I agree with the crack being a little intense but then the entire wall is pretty intense right now. :) I can balance that by making everything else even more intense or knocking the wall down a little to send in more to the background. Each day is an adventure so we'll see how it comes out. It is funny how one day you think one thing but the next and you're not so sure.

      Delete