Thursday, September 21, 2017

Vulture: Work in Progress 16

I've been adding more layers of intense color today, here are the results.

To see the step by step photos read on after the break.



I didn't like how his dreadlocks were lying in the front so I added some more over the old ones.

Here I lightened the background around his beak to push it forward and take a little attention away from the crack especially when I darken the beak some more. I also refined his dreadlocks some.

More shadows to refine his dreadlocks, down his back and under the table.

Here I added more color and deeper shadows to his hands. Also to help match his head a little better.

The plaque is the Great Seal and says “ANNUIT COEPTIS.”  Translated into English, it reads: “HE (GOD) HAS FAVORED OUR UNDERTAKINGS.”
“NOVUS ORDO SECLORUM.” at the bottom of the plaque, translated from the Latin it proclaims, “A NEW ORDER OF THE AGES.” 

I like the crack leading from the plaque to his brain to show it influencing his thinking. I think great evil has been done in the past and present while believing they were doing God's work.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment