Friday, September 22, 2017

Vulture: Work in Progress 17

A little more progress today. I'm getting where I'm pretty happy with the painting overall now. A few nitpick spots and I'll call it done.

To see the step by step photos and explanations read on after the break.


I darkened his beak to increase the contrast between the lightened background and his beak. Now my eye goes to the beak first.

Here I darkened the shadows on the back hand.

I painted more detail in the bread roll and started adding detail to the people and the spoon in the bowl.

Refining the dreadlocks and the knife a little more. I tried making the dreadlocks into snakes like on Medusa but didn't like it and painted them back the way they were. They still suggest snakes in a more subtle way.






No comments:

Post a Comment