Monday, September 25, 2017

Vulture: Work in Progress 18

I did a glaze of 50/50 turps and stand oil today to bring out the gloss and add a little glaze color over each area. It will be drying for a week now before I do anything more. Next will be a retouching varnish mixed into the oil medium for the final touches.


I am going to order the retouching varnish and then wait until I'm happy the glaze is dry enough before going into the final detail work. Then I'll have to come up with a title for this one.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to SEE the finished product, although it already looks fine to me Rick! There are many messages in this artwork on so many levels of thought. You already know how talented I think you are. The wood grain on the table is incredible ~ see you in the Community!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you René Allen! It is getting pretty close to being done.

    ReplyDelete