Sunday, November 12, 2017

Big Owl

I'm finished on this one and going back to add some detail to the New Order. 

Big Owl

Another painting in my Neil Gaiman American Gods series, Big Owl is a malicious and dangerous giant often used as a "bogeyman" in children's stories. In some Apache tribes, Big Owl also plays a more important mythological role as an early adversary of the War Twins. Like other legendary Apache beings, Big Owl is sometimes described as having human form (in this case a man-eating ogre) and other times animal form (in this case a horned owl large enough to carry off a child.)

To see the final few steps read on after the break.




Here I decides to go darker on his clothes and really went too dark.

So I started painting back some highlights and took the robe back to purple.

Here I refined my shapes and added a purple glaze to the background 
to contrast against the yellow in his feathers.


The Final Painting waiting to be varnished.





No comments:

Post a Comment