Thursday, December 14, 2017

Grandfather Buzzard -Work in Progress 1

I decided to do another Buzzard painting to go with my American Gods series. I found a black canvas on sale the other day and decided to give it a try. I'm going to do this one in Acrylics. Here is my sketch in white pencil on the canvas.


This is the mock up I did in Photoshop. I wanted the Great Buzzard to be King of the birds

I photographed my sketch and then layered in over my digital mock up to
check my proportions before painting.

Once I corrected my sketch a little I started painting with white acrylic on the black canvas this will be another painting using the grisaille technique .

Continuing with the white. I thinned it down with water for more gradation in tone.

For the shadows I am using some thinned Paynes grey for now. 
I will add color when I am happy with all the under painting.



No comments:

Post a Comment