Thursday, March 22, 2018

New Work in Progress: Turtle Island Painting 2

I did some more painting yesterday. This one is fighting me all the way. I like it more today than I did last night even though I haven't done anything to it. Here it is in all its glory.

This one will have to be a mixed media painting I think, but who knows I could still change my mind.
To see the step by step photos read on after the break.


I added some color to the beach and some detail to the turtle from yesterday.

Here I refined the tree and the waterfall as well as working on the shadows under the Turtle.

Did a little work on the sky and the ocean as well as some washes on the beach.

Here I made the Turtles head smaller and refined the detail on his back. I also did more work on the sky and added some size to his shell and rear leg.

Here is where I am right now. I did quite a bit more work on the sky and added more washes to the beach especially in the distance. I think I will just keep layering the washes until I am either happy with it or hate it so much I can't go on. Then I will rest.  :)









No comments:

Post a Comment